Simon Gene Gottlieb
Software is not everything, but it is a lot more fun!
Who am I?
One always believes it is easier if others answer this for you. But, this is my stage, so I have to and will give it a go, and tell you who I am.
I am born in Hamburg/Germany and grown up in a small town near it. My naïve young wanted to live in a big city, so I ended up Berlin. After some traveling as a student it turns out there are much bigger cities in the world!
Already as a teenager I was highly interested in Computer I thought myself QBasic on MS-Dos. Later I also programmed some apps for the Casio Pocketviewer PV-S460 (PDA with black&white screen). As a good, young and healthy teenager I really wanted to write video games, who doesn’t? Some old Videos can be seen on my Youtube Account 1.
After finishing school I served 9 months civilian service as an alternative for the military service that was compulsory in Germany.
I enrolled at the Freie Universität Berlin (FU Berlin) where I joined the FUmanoids2. FUmanoids is a project about autonomous robots that play soccer. On Youtube I have videos of very experimental software I wrote1. I implemented and wrote a bachelor thesis about filtering sensors with the help of the extended kalman filter3.
Writting a bachelor thesis was so much fun, I decided to also write a master thesis after taking some advanced algorithms courses for bioinformaticians. If you are ever on the search for efficient search schemes, maybe take a look at my thesis The Search - Searching for efficient Search Schemes4.
Who have I worked with?
- Benefitmedia 5 - App to compare supermarket offers
- Autonomos GmbH6 (now TomTom7) - Self driving technology
- Freie Universität Berlin8 - Self driving technology
- Hanson Robotics 9 - Kinematic Software
- Freie Universität Berlin [^FUBerlin] - Robots and Self driving cars
- Freie Universität Berlin [^FUBerlin] - Sequence Analysis/Approximate string search
- C++23! (living the dream)
- Inverse Kinematics
- Visual Cognition
- Cross Compiling
- Approximate String Search/2FM-Indices/Optimum Search Schemes
- And some experience in: CSS, HTML, JS, Python, Perl, websockets.